Thursday 22 January 2015

Sewing, not so successfully...

New look 6871 has been sitting in my to do list for a while.


I traced off a pattern, cut out fabric, sewed it up.. And forgot to do my usual " measure pattern & compare to a trusted size pattern already made".
So it turned out a bit on the large side...









Very unflattering! Not helped by reading some on line reviews where people have been using this pattern for maternity tops! Definitely don't need one of those!
Of course, the fact that I got a bit lost with the pattern instructions and took some short cuts probably didn't help. Nor did the fact that some instructions were in Spanish! Weird! Half english half spanish sentence!





Will have to do some serious unpicking & add a couple of darts at the front. Tomorrow.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. What a shame this turned out too big - the fabrics are lovely. Can you rescue it with some more gathering or is the yoke too big?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!