Wednesday 10 February 2016

Good morning sunshine!

I am officially declaring this the year of the sunflower! Are there sunflowers growing near where you live, or maybe even in your garden? I have noticed so many sunflowers growing around Brunswick and Coburg this summer. Took these photos on my morning walk this morning. I have even seen them on roundabouts and nature strips too! It is impossible to look at a sunflower and not smile! Reminds me of when I lived in Mildura for a couple of years, they would grow wild on the side of the road.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any sunflowers around here this year. I will have to remember to plant some myself next year - I'm sure all the wild parrots would enjoy them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will have to plant some too! The only time I have grown them before was many years ago in high school, I remember bringing some seeds home from my Ag Science class, and they grew into enormous plants with flowers like dinner plates!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!