Saturday 18 February 2017

Saturday morning Savers

Tigerboy has started playing tennis on Saturday mornings and was to have had today off but was asked to fill in for another player. My H had already planned to go fishing this morning,  so I got tennis duty. 
Those who know me will understand my complete lack of both ability and interest in anyrhing sporting.  Especially tennis. Ever since I was a kid, as soon as my parents would turn the tv to the tennis, I would leave the room and go read a book. Some one at one end hits a ball, someone at the other end hits it back-yada yada yada yawn yawn yawn. No offence, but I would rather watch paint dry.  Ditto pretty much any other sport.  Equestrian events- show jumping, dressage, cross country- are about the only sports I can watch and enjoy ( mainly because there is still that horse mad kid inside me!).
So once we got to tennis this morning, I went for a walk. 45 mins walking around the sports grounds, then  I walked down to Sydney Road to nip into Anne's fabrics for some white cotton lawn to finish making a dress ( when I tried it on I realized it needed some lining!). But most of the shops don' t open til 10 on Saturday!
Savers was open though- yay!  I hardly ever go there as  I prefer the little independant op shops, but I had  20 mins to fill in, and I found some wonderful treasures!  The best one was this sprouting set- it was meant to be, because in the last few days I have been looking at a packet of sprout seeds and thinking about trying to grow sprouts again, and then I spotted this! Looking forward to some home grown salad sprouts in a few days!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a nifty little device! What sort of seeds do you have in it?

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfalfa seeds in the top tray, and I think mung beans and soya beans in the second ( from a packet mix called " stir fry sprouts". There was actually a second sprout set at Savers (which sounds a bit like a tongue twister, try saying it quickly 5 times!) but I opted for the one in the box with an instruction sheet!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!