Friday 24 November 2017

Melbourne Stitches & Craft Show

Had a lovely day out at the Stitches & Craft Show yesterday - or as my good friend Linda  called it, her "Little Britain day out with my carer"!!!! ( which just goes to show a broken ankle can only slow you down so much!).
It was super quiet which made it easy to move around & see everything, but I did feel sorry for the stall holders who would surely be expecting a much larger crowd. We sat in on 2 free pop up " listen & learn" sessions at Pauline's Quilters World- quilt as you go, and "precision patchwork" which were both quite interesting.  I really liked their nifty binding gadgets, and bought one of the small ones to use to press bias binding in half ( which I often make & use for sleeve & neck binding on tops)- should be easy to use and save my fingers from getting burned!
I also bought some ribbon, the Star Wars ribbon will add a bit of zing to a denim apron I have promised to make for my son ( but the trim will be a surprise).
And after looking at mini irons at  every craft show for the last  few years, I finally bought one! Should be much easier to use for craft than my big heavy iron, especially in my tiny sewing space!

1 comment:

  1. I was there for a short while yesterday! Didn't see you, although I did see a few other familiar faces. Not only were there not crowds, there also didn't seem to be a lot of vendors. There was an awful lot of empty space.
    I'll be interested to hear how you like the mini iron. I always look at them, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!