Monday 17 April 2017

There's a "new look" chair in there (part 2)

Tah dah! Here is my made-over chair.  I used some lovely grey upholstery fabric off-cuts, from a bag of bits bought from Rathdown Remnants a few years ago. There was just enough to cover the seat cushion  with one piece, and the back cushion with another- using another piece for the side seams, but they match the slip cover for the back frame of the chair. (Which wasn't actually planned, I kind of hadn't thought about the back, but it all worked out fine!)





Then the next day I decided the chair needed a cushion, so I used an offcut ( long term stash, I think it actually came from a box of offcuts from Nicole Mallalieu's workshop in Brunswick years ago!). A little touch of vintage style floral for my " new" vintage grey chair! Yay!



4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love the re do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cushion is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I am sooo very happy with the results! Now I just need to find the time to actually sit in my chair and read, or knit...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!