Saturday, 21 January 2017

Another blanket done!

I finished knitting the blanket I started last year, it is a rather late Christmas present that I just ran out of time for last year. Plus I can't knit when it is hot, so it has been put aside a few times in the last few months

But it is finally finished now, which means I can start the next one!

Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Moreland Quilt project

Community craft project on this Thursday in Brunswick.Creative Moreland

Sunday, 15 January 2017

Finished dress- ready for afternoon tea.

A better photo of the dress- finished today and worn to Brickvention.  Comfy to wear, and the pocket is just perfect for quick & easy phone access when taking lots of photos- like these.  How gorgeous is this " high tea" made from Lego!  Love the jelly slice, and the latticed pastry on the slice of pie!

Saturday, 14 January 2017

I made a dress!

Then I liked it so much I made another one!  

I was sure I had downloaded a copy of " the essential denim dress" by " sew different"   but after checking the computer and every memory stick I had, no luck! So using screenshots, new look 6602 from the stash, a ruler, protractor, and some imagination, plus a good half a day at least, I came up with my own approximation.  

After making the first in blues and greens, I added some darts in the back, took some width from each front panel, and redrew the pattern a little. Then I made a 2nd version, still not quite finished but nearly there. Did you spot the pocket? Got to love a secret pocket!

Thursday, 5 January 2017

Summer holiday far

Now I feel like I am properly on holidays- I took over the kitchen table for a sewing day yesterday!
I made 2 summer tops-  the red was a small off cut from Rathdowne Remnants, it was about 1.5m long but less than 1m wide, so I had to find a pattern to fit. The Maria Denmark kimono tee was just the right size!
My adapted butterick 6170 boxy top took a bit of playing around to fit into a scant half metre of op shop cotton fabric ( which had a corner missing, making it extra tricky, I had to re draft the pattern again!).
I also made a denim pinafore, from a pattern I found at the Fairfield fabric swap last year.  I have been wanting to try it out, but the pattern didn't have any instructions, so I have been hunting through op shops to find another similar pattern to read the instructions & compare shapes & sizes.
I sewed this one in denim, it is a bit stiff but hopefully it will soften up with wear and washing- which is why it is all creased in the photo - as soon as I finished sewing I chucked it into the washing machine!
I am already thinking of  making another in a lighter weight fabric, with some tweaking to the pattern first.  When I get another sewing day next week hopefully!