Saturday 26 May 2018

Papier mache fun

Tigerboy is in the orchestra for the school production of "Oliver" and when I dropped him of at school for production camp this morning I also delivered some props. There had been an email last month asking for help with props, and I managed to find a couple of baskets in the final week of hard rubbish. I nabbed a stack of bargain wooden plates from an op shop, along with 2 scarves/ shawls.
I had a chat with the staff member in charge of sets/ costumes about what was needed. She said they still need flowers, and fake fruit & veg; but that these are hard to find without spending a lot of money.  As I was driving away I had a brainwave, I remembered a craft book I have with instructions to make a papier mache pear.

A quick detour to a bargain shop yielded a $4.20 pack of plaster cloth, and an hour of messy fun with scrunched up newspaper and the whole roll of  plaster tape later, and I had these made-


Now I just have to wait for them to dry, and then paint them! 3 oranges, 3 apples, and 3 pears. ( ok 1 is a mishappen apple which kind of looked more like a pear, will decide which once I come to paint it!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Genius! Every problem can be solved with op shops. :D

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. They even have a deal with some op shops whereby the school is " hiring" things from the op shop,and returning them once the production has finished!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!