Monday 24 September 2018

New look for an old chair

I found this chair at hard rubbish last year. I started sanding it months ago, then stopped. I finally had a proper go at it again today.
I cut a scrap of plywood to go on the seat (plywood also from hard rubbish).
The cushion was another hard rubbish find!
Fabric for the cushion was an op shop find.
Almost finished - looking much better with a layer of beeswax furniture polish! Still needs some more polish, and glue to tighten up all the joints.
But it looks so much better! Might be my new sewing chair I think!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to see a piece of furniture given new life. I particularly love the fabric on the cushion - it's gorgeous!

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! That fabric gives it real personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comments ladies! Still have to get some serious glue on it yet to stop the wobbles, but glad I finally got it off the verandah where it was copping some weather damage, looking so much better now!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!