Monday 23 August 2021

Birthday quilt projects

I have made 3 birthday quilts in the last few months, but due to lockdown I have not been able to deliver any of them yet! And just in case the intended recipients check in on the blog, I can't post any photos of the first two quilts! 
But I should be ok posting the most recent one, which hopefully I will be delivering after work tomorrow. 
On Saturday my friends daughter  turned 18. On Friday I decided to make her a quilt! I looked through some books- and my stash!- for ideas  and worked out a design. Saturday I sewed up the front and back pieces, and Sunday I pinned and quilted it. All fabrics from The Stash - I have a box of rainbow strips from the first few quilts I made, I must have cut out heaps of strips!  Even the binding was 3 lots of leftover pieces, there was just enough to go around,  with only about 30 cm left over.
Today I managed to duck outside just before the rain started, and took a couple of photos. Of course The Dog had to check it out, as you can see in some of the photos!

2 comments:

  1. The colours look great against the grey, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colours against the grey. Look forward to seeing the first two quilts too! Hoping you get to share them soon...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!