Wednesday 29 September 2021

New threads!

I have been wanting to try some new sashiko patterns, and ordered a new set of stencils a few weeks ago. I traced off the Asanoha pattern and started stitching it in grey, but decided I really wanted a variegated green thread. 
After some searching online looking for some Sue Spargo Wonderfil threads, I ended up phoning Mill Rose cottage and ordering some new threads. My package arrived last week!
Look at these lovely colours -
I had noted down a couple of colours I liked, but found so many on line - some had numbers, some had names. The staff member at Mill Rose explained that there are new colours released every year, hence such a huge range. I described the colours I wanted, and they had 3, but I ended up having to put my faith in my description & the staff member's choice for me! Luckily they are all pretty much what I had in mind. Will have to trace off some new designs once I finish my current project. The variegated green is just right. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy stitching with those lovely threads! Online shopping is like getting birthday gifts all year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Look forward to seeing the colours come through your stitching.

    I will get round to working out how many squares from a shirt! Am a little side tracked at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!