Saturday 9 April 2022

Smooth Sewing

 Sewed a quilt with my 201K last week - sews through the layers just perfectly! But I was getting a bit annoyed with the scratchy timber case, most of the lacquer  has worn off & it is rough in patches. Decided to do something about it today.

Gave the timber a light sand to remove the last bits of lacquer, then mixed up some ” cleaner/ restoration mixture” ( recipe from the Hand Tool Preservation Assoctiation, seen at the Lost Trades Fair. My son has used this mix to restore some hand tools found in Grandpa’s shed.)

Super impressed with how good the base looks now, and it feels soooo smooth (smells good too!)






2 comments:

  1. Good job! That looks way better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Looks fabulous. Thanks must give this a try on my machine.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!