Saturday 31 July 2010

Fat quarters from the Craft Fair

I never used to buy fat quarters - I only discovered them early last year, as a cheaper way of buying small pieces of groovy fabrics.  I used the first one to make-over a plain grey satchel bag from an op-shop, and a couple more to make covered fabric buttons for the craft stall at the school fair. And I used a couple bought from GJ's sometime, to make my first patched scarf.  I have bought a few more as I have taken orders for the scarves, and had on my list for the Craft Fair to find some more reds, and a couple of black/grey prints. Then I found owl fabrics, and these cute little Japanese prints, and ended up with all this lot!
I do have a project in mind for most of them - I finally got around to trying out Nikki's zip coin purse pattern which I bought ohhh... about 18 months ago! But I was so excited with the results, after doing a little dance around the house ( I'm not generally good following patterns you see, I tend to just make stuff up as I go, and also am zipper-challenged) I had a BRILLIANT idea! Zip coin purses for everyone for Christmas! Last year I made the journal/note-book covers for friends, family and the kid's teachers; this year it will be zip purses!  Sorry if  that has spoilt the surprise for some people reading this...just forget it by December, or act surprised ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!