Sunday 26 February 2012

The last race

I just watched "the last race" on the ABC, about organ donation. Beautiful, moving - I was crying through most of the show. One of my Dad's best mates (all-round great bloke, and an honorary uncle and to my sister and I when we were growing up) died waiting for a heart transplant. A school friend had a kidney transplant several years ago and which has turned her life around. My husband's phD supervisor and mentor also needed a kidney transplant but didn't make it.
Go over to Curly Pop's blog and have a read too.
Then talk to your family and sign up.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Dianne. Wow that was hard to watch without bawling my eyes out! Hits so close to home.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!