Tuesday 6 November 2012

Cup day = craft day

Over the last couple of years  I have managed to do some sewing on Cup day, and had something new to wear to work the next day. Plans to make a skirt or too today, but haven't quite  got there yet.  Baked  a carrot cake in my dazzlingly shiny oven (my  wonderful husband had a day off yesterday and cleaned  the oven, can you believe it? I can actually see in the oven door now, for the first time in years! And the racks are actually silver, who would have known!)
I did manage to tidy up the one spot on the crowded shelf where my craft books are, and cut out some more zombie felt critters for the school fete ( which is so close now it is not funny). Cut out a couple of sets of bunting to decorate stalls at the fete but it is still sitting and waiting on the sewing machine.
The boys had a friend over, and they played around with the hama/meltable beads making "Minecraft" keyrings. Cool stuff -  if anyone is heading over to Ikea soon, let me know - they sell the  melty beads by the bucket apparently!

Have to make a Pokemon dress up outfit for an upcoming birthday party, and a birthday present for the birthday girl, planning on making another of these...


I have made about 6 of these drawing sets now, they make a great birthday present. With this one I also included a terrific "Paint your own babushka doll" set from blank. I love their stuff!  Bought some more lovely things from them at the Finders Keepers Market last month - end of year teacher's presents!
So now I will watch the Cup, and then maybe get to the sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!