Saturday 28 February 2015

Bits 'n' pieces

I made some calico bags last year, but although the bag part was super quick to whiz up on the overlocker, making the handles is damn fiddly & time consuming. For the school fete I took a short cut and bought a pack of 50 calico bags. I sewed a fabric patch on some to jazz them up. Thinking about freezer paper stencilling on some bags too. If I get time, it is only 2 weeks away!






I have been looking for this new special edition for weeks, ever since reading about it on the Mollie Makes blog. Haven't looked up the on line patterns yet. It would make quite a good "how to" guide book for beginner sewists.


Latest batch of op shop found patterns. I need some comfy - dag- around- the- house pants ( 3/4 length) which might be from the first pattern. The middle NewLook - contemplating being brave enough to attempt a jacket. And the third ( on the right) - bought mainly for the variation on pockets, a different cut to my standard skirt pocket shape. I love pockets! ( think I may have mentioned that once or twice before!)




Cute red Vans - another op shop find last week!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Pockets are amazing things indeed. I love the look of those pants in the New Look pattern - they're comfy but still rather stylish.

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I LOVE pockets- all my new model skirts have them now, and looking to retro fit pockets on earlier skirts I made, if I can find enough left over fabric!

      Delete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!