Wednesday 22 August 2018

Let there be light!

I saw some great sewing machine lights at the craft show, but thought they were a bit pricey. Plus one was battery operated, the other required a power point. 

I like the idea of some extra light, but would prefer something rechargeable. I thought I might find something suitable at Jaycar, and I finally got there for a look on Saturday. At first when I explained what I was looking for the guy in the store didn't think they had anything- other than battery charger or requiring a power point! But then he said " well we do have this, would it work?"

It is a small detachable light in a beanie (like a headlamp), about the size of a matchbox, but not very thick, and sooo light weight. You can see the size in the last photo, it fits in the 5cm square. 
I stuck a piece of sticky backed Velcro on my, sewing  machine  ( the soft side) and the matching ( prickly) bit to the light. Quick and easy on and off, and the light is do good I didn't even notice the next day when the globe went on the machine!!! ( Talk about perfect timing!)
It cost $20 and recharges in 4 hours in a USB charger, perfect! 

3 comments:

  1. What a great sewing accessory! I use a USB rechargable light from Spotlight for when I'm sewing - especially on the treadle as it doesn't have a light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 rechargeable triumph lamps as well but they temd to get used by everyone else in my house and are often flat when I go to use them! I love that this one is so small and fits on the sewing machine so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!