Thursday 14 February 2019

year of the dress part 4


This one is another favourite, it is so comfy to wear! The fabric is a lovely soft, drapey shirt/ suiting fabric, either an op shop find or from Rathdown Rems. The spotty blue bird print is from a bag of offcuts purchased from the Finki store on Sydney Road last year. Lucky there were a couple of largish pieces, enough to use for the centre contrast panel, and to make binding for the neck and sleeves. 

Of course it has pockets! -made from the left over scraps.

The "design feature" bird panel on the back hem is because somehow the back dress piece somehow just wasn't quite the right size, and was missing a bit from the corner!


2 comments:

  1. Love the design feature. Must remember that for the next time I need a little something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so cross with myself initially when I realised there was not quite enough width for the back of the dress- about 5cm too narrow! !!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!