Thursday 14 February 2019

year of the dress pt 3

This is my " as cheap as it gets!" dress. Op shop pattern 50c, fabric free. - found at hard rubbish! Zip was the most expensive part at $1.10 from the fabric shop on Sydney road opposite Super Cheap fabrics ( I don't go there often and can never remember the name, I know the sign is orange and white!

This was really a wearable muslin, I had to do a couple of joins in the back. And it was my practise run to try inseam pockets. ( 3 dresses in now I am getting better each time!)

The neckline didn't quite sit right, so I made 2 little tucks and called it a design feature!

Pattern is an older New Look "easy" number 6602. I cut and redrafted (and have since redrafted again, still tweaking the shape a little more) based on the lovely shift dress I picked up at the fabric restash last year (and have lived in, thank you mystery sewist who made it!).

and 

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the old tuck-as-design-feature - I've done that once or twice myself!

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky I tried it on and was able to add the tucks before sewing the neck binding! And of course if I hadn't mentioned it here the world would be none the wiser!

      Delete
  2. Looking good! What great finds.
    thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!