Tuesday 19 January 2021

oasis muffins

Ever since reading about Jason's " oasis" muffins in  the Corrina Chapman mystery series, I have been wanting to try to make some! There are several recipes in each book, and I have made a chocolate cake and choc muffins ( chocolate orgasm muffins to be exact!); but there is only a description of the oasis muffins- which I scribbled onto a piece of paper when I read it last year!
I bought some orange flower water to use, but the smell was too strong for me. I used fresh grated orange rind instead of candied peel.
They smell divine and taste amazing!
grated rind 1 orange
1 cup dates, chopped
1/2 cup pistacios, chopped
75g butter, melted 
3/4 cup yoghurt ( I had some yoghurt left over from the last batch, it was separating a bit which is why I                    ....                              decided to use it to make muffins today!)
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2  - 2 cups SR flour

Melt butter, add all other ingredients. Bake in muffin tray 200, 20-25 min

I use a Tupperware mixing bowl, melt butter in it in the microwave then keep using the same bowl. I bowl to mix, 1 knife to stir with. Dirty the minimal amount of dishes is the rule in my tiny kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!

    I'm also economical with the number of bowls and utensils I use. Less cleaning up to do at the end is always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound yum! Thanks for the recipe and the tips!
    I too try to use minimum dishes, funny that hasn't filtered down to the younger members of my family!!
    Popped in and saw Kelly yesterday and chatted about your cutlery pouch, she is working on one.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!