Monday 25 January 2021

Shippo-Tsunagi “seven treasures”


Playing  around with some of the coloured threads I bought from Jemima’s recently, along the with the stencil kit I bought there. I must be getting faster at this- I traced the pattern about 6:30 last night, then stitched all but the last 2 flowers while watching “The Revenant” ( the eldest decided that since it was sooo hot, we should watch a movie set in the snow!)


The individual flower is one of the stencils too, this one was super quick to do! I think this would look good stitched over a lightly patterned fabric, or even a stripe perhaps.
I am planning on making at least one more “sampler” like this, then sewing them together to make a cover for a large cushion.  I really would like a nice green linen to work with, might have to go back to GJ’s to see if they have any, have not been able to find the exact shade I have in mind. Linen is definitely better for sashiko, it has just the right amount of body & not too much stretch, along with the slightly looser weave. But it is a bit expensive...lucky a half metre gives me plenty of fabric for sashiko!

 

3 comments:

  1. WOW. Love the colour.

    Funny just saw some templates on a site (a little window shopping! online). I'm thinking I need to take a trip out to Jemimas one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching!

    I didn't know about Jemima's. Tempting stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a fantastic shop! There is so much more than what is on the website, I will definitely be going back!

      Delete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!