Monday 11 October 2021

Latest drawing…

 Just popping in for a quick update - here is my latest drawing. Quite unplanned, I went into the study last night to print a recipe I had found online ( chocolate chip cookie dough bites, found via Frankie magazine website- will let you know what they are like if I make them next weekend!). I saw my markers on the desk & thought “ I must pack this up before work tomorrow, but maybe I’ll just check though some photos on the iPad for ideas…”.

And so I sketched this …and then I coloured it in!

Huge shoutout and thanks you to Vireya who takes such superb photos of her amazing garden, and posts them on her blog. I took some screen shots recently and used this one as inspiration, a  dahlia from a post on April 15. And there are plenty more flowers there I plan on trying!


I don’t have a lot of yellow shades, but I am very happy with the leaves! I sketched the flower very lightly on the paper then rubbed most of it out til I could only just see the outlines, but did the leaves freehand with the markers. I only have 60 something markers, and unfortunately the starter kit I bought had a lot of grey ones, so I have had to add in some extra colours here & there. Hmmm, maybe I should try to recreate a black and white picture & use all the grey markers!


3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! And you made me laugh, because I was scrolling down before I read it, and I thought, "Oh, Dianne has a dahlia like mine!" So when I read that it actually was mine, I snorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe now I am chuckling too, classic! Glad you like it, there will definitely be more of your flowers popping up here!

      Delete
  2. You are going great! You can use the greys to add tone with a technique called tip to tip. I'm sure you will find heaps of youtube/online tutorials if you google. There is loads of stuff online - you know a rabbit hole once you start!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!