Monday 7 March 2022

Caped Crusaders

I finally got around to sorting through the big box of dress ups we have had for a LONG time, the boys having long grown out of them (and of course the eldest having moved on to Cosplay!) .  I checked in with a family member to ask if their 3 and 5 year olds would like some dress ups. The answer was yes - and particularly if there were any superhero capes. 

There was one cape - which I had put in the “ special things to keep box” because it was so very well loved and used. There was also this kid sized black one, printed with “ consumer power” & made from cheap thin stretch fabric; bought from a long gone local op shop many years ago. It was such a simple design I decided to copy it and make the kids a brand new super hero cape each. 

A quick detour on the way home from work to the fabric store in Glenroy yielded a couple of metres of  nice shiney lining fabric in some super hero shades! ( try saying that fast 3 times in a row!) 

I made one in reversible red and gold, and the second in reversible red and blue. 

We delivered them to the kids yesterday and they were quite a hit! 


 

2 comments:

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!