Sunday 6 March 2022

Zinnia

 I saw some gorgeous flower photos on Kate’s lovely blog  Foxs Lane  recently. This one is called Queen Red Lime. Here is my version  compared to the original photo.





Not super happy with it, but I do enjoy the process of adding different colours and waiting for them to dry and see how it looks! Trying to improve my backgrounds - not leaving them white, adding some colour in there but still hoping for the flower to “ pop” . Played around with adding some detail & highlights with white and green gel pens, and a grey super fine liner. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that variety of zinnia. I tried to grow them myself, but few of the seeds germinated, and of the ones that did, most didn't look like the picture on the pack. Kate obviously has the magic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I got a bit carried away with the white gel pen, then added more layers of colour but of course they won’t go over the gel ink!

      Delete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!