Wednesday 26 October 2022

Meet the newest member of the family…

 …my sewing family that is!

I love sewing with my vintage Singer 201K, and have learnt a lot about vintage sewing machines from the fb group “ Vintage Sewing Machines Australia and New Zealand”. I often look on fb marketplace and dream about buying a vintage machine to repair myself, and maybe turning one into a hand cranked machine. 

Then on Sunday night, a vintage 66k was offered up in a local fb group. I sent a message to say I was interested, and collected it yesterday!

She is just sooo pretty! 1935 Lotus finish 66K, love the design, and she has a spoked wheel so all I need to buy is a crank handle. And get my H to design and build a timber box base!

Will keep you posted…



2 comments:

  1. I love that lotus decoration! I always wanted that, but my 66K treadle has much plainer decals.
    Have fun getting it working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so pretty! Please keep us updated. I always feel sad for older machines when I see them unloved - glad this one is getting the attention she deserves.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!