Sunday 16 April 2023

Rone - Time exhibition

 Luckily I booked tickets ages ago to go to the RoneTime exhibition at Flinders Street station; the exhibition is sold out and closes next Sunday. 

It was absolutely magical! Thanks to Vireya for the tip about the newspapers - I had fun looking at some of  the old advertising, & loved spotting the clothes ads, sewing tips, and a classic Singer advertisement!






“ The workroom” was full of sewing machines, and although there were lots of Singer  accessory boxes, none of the industrial machines were actually Singers!




 I do like this “homemade” bobbin holder, I should go out to the shed & knock one together!
 


In the typist’s room we had fun reading the crazy little stories on some of the typewriters - one said something like “ you are a lifeless rabbit, and I do not need another lifeless rabbit in my life”.
I also peeked in all the shelves under the desks, they all had interesting treasures, including some knitting in one, and a sewing kit in another. An absolute delight! I have always loved dolls houses and dioramas - this was rather like walking into an old, abandoned dolls house - with a touch of Alice in Wonderland and Miss Havisham’s decaying mansion  all rolled in to one! 






1 comment:

  1. There were so many details that you probably need to see it more than once to take them all in. I missed the shelves under the desks, for example! Still, I'm glad I got there once. An amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!