Thursday 23 January 2014

Colette Sorbetto sewing




I know I am a bit late to jump on the Sorbetto band wagon, but I only discovered the pattern a month or so back. Then between holiday trips away, a major sewing machine service, and last week's heat wave, I have not had a chance to sew for a while! Trying to make up for lost time a bit now, and with less than one week of holidays to go, I have made 2 Sorbetto tops, and have a third cut out!



The first is the green & yellow floral print, managed to squeeze out enough for one top (no front pleat, and a join across the back piece!). I bought the fabric several years ago to line a bag, one of my first attempts (and one of the first free patterns on the Ric Rac blog); it was probably from the clearance table at Spotlight.
The second - blue- top, is made from chambray left over from my "birdie" skirt, trimmed with fabric from a vintage sheet. Very pleased with my efforts, I even managed my first ever French seam on the sides of the blue one, and made all the binding tape. Found some great tips and pattern variations on sewing blogs via Pinterest - there is plenty of Colette Sorbetto love out there in the sewing world! And there is nothing like the buzz of trying a new pattern, and all the related challenges - exposed bias facing, French seams etc. and making a wearable item! Might have to get the overlocker out next and try out those t shirt patterns on my sewing "to do" list!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!