Last year I made a freezer paper stencilled Darth Vader tee shirt, in time to wear it to see "Rogue One".
I had always wanted to try the Vader image with a floral print fabric, but was wondering how to do it, while looking for the right small print.
A lucky op shop find with a card of sample fabrics yielded a suitable print. Next step was to slightly enlarge and modify the design a little, then trace it on to the paper backing of some double sided interfacing - all using my handy kmart light box!
I ironed the fabric onto the interfacing and carefully cut it out.
After a lot of measuring and re arranging, I figured out the best placement of the image. I marked some guidemarks with fabric chalk, and ironed the 3 pieces on very carefully!
The final step was just as fiddly- applique stitch ( fine zig zag) on the sewing machine around all the edges, to make sure it stays put! Very happy with the results! ( and found the perfect spot to pose for a photo today too, outside Imax!)