Monday 1 January 2018

Happy New Year - happy new knitting project!

Happy New Year! Here is my lattest knitting project - started in November but I haven't really spent a huge amount of time on it. I have seen those giant " cake" balls of yarn at various stores & craft shows, but none of the colour combinations particularly appealed to me- until I saw this lovely grey one at a bargain store! (one of the type I like to call an " upmarket $2 shop!

I cast on 100 stitches instead of the usual 150 for a blanket, and most of the way through the 200g ball, the blanket measures approx 45cm by 100cm. I think I will add a 100g ball of plain grey in the middle, then start the 2nd " cake" ball, so the finished blanket should be about 120 long. 


Then I have another colourway to start for the next blanket- my sister picked this one out for me to make for my neice. So I need to get a move on and finish the grey one now!



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year.
    The blanket looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!