Friday 26 March 2021

Outlander knitting for history bounding - with pockets

I finished my Reunion Capelet, quite happy with it except the cast off end looks smaller- because I cast off too tight! Button holes are a bit loose for my buttons (have not been able to find the hand made timber ones yet!) so will have to sew them in a bit. 
Wore it this afternoon with my "new" op shop skirt - had it for a while but finally got around to adding pockets today, under the previously fake pocket flaps! I love the longer length, quite different for me - I have dubbed it my "Victorian Walking Skirt" inspired by Bernadette Banner of course! 
Thinking this will get a lot of wear in winter, along with a brown wool one ( which I also added a pocket to of course!).

2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely and cosy! It must be the season for "finally" finishing tweaks to op shop purhcases: just last weekend, I unpicked and sewed higher side splits in a skirt I op shopped in February 2020. It's so good to have these things done, no matter how long it takes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!