Thursday 1 July 2021

Comic Con 2021...not quite

Melbourne Comic Con was supposed to be on this coming weekend, but has been postponed til November. 
I figured I should at least post an update of my outfit, although I have not done any work on it for a few weeks now. 
I have a heap more patches sewn on now, and really only need a couple more patches on each sleeve, and to sew a few to cover the back more. Then add some embroidery/ boro stitching for a bit of decoration.
I made a quick vest too- I had actually bought some linen on sale at Spotlight, it was the exact shade of blue I wanted. But then I found a slightly too small wool jacket at an opshop, for the bargain sum of $4. I unpicked the sleeves, recut the armscythe a little deeper for more room, then hemmed the new edges - waaay quicker than working out a pattern & making a vest from scratch!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Smart thinking making the vest out of a jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I must remember to replace the buttons with the metal ones I bought last week.

      Delete
  2. Shirt is coming along nicely. Love the vest too what an awesome find - and very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!