Saturday 31 July 2021

Fun weekend project - op shop skirt makeover

I went to Spotlight yesterday but on the way noticed that the Helping Hands op shop just across the street was open. So of course I had to make a detour...
I found a couple of cute solid colour shirts, a lovely black boiled wool jacket ( so lightweight!), and a cute long skirt. 
The skirt was super long, and quite skinny, but had potential!
As you can see the skirt was floor length, and too small around the waist for Edna! 
I unpicked & removed the zip, then chopped about 25 cm off the top of the skirt. I used the chopped of part - complete with waistband- to cut & sew 2 patch pockets. A scrap of lycra worked for the  new waistband ( like a waistband on leggings).
Ta dah! 50's style skirt, and the pockets are perfect - big enough for mask, glasses, phone and wallet!And there was a scrap of fabric left big enough to make a matching hair ribbon! 

3 comments:

  1. Love your new skirt! Brilliant idea for the pockets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Great way to make a new skirt.

    Not sure if you see replies on my blog. Thanks. Absolutely would love to. DM my on fb or insta and we can sort something out. An excuse to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The excursion of memorable style crosses all boundaries of the various nations, design from Britain, France, Russia and so on to the nation life, wanderer and society design styles. Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!