Saturday 24 July 2021

quick project 2 sashiko mask

So I thought I would show my love of sashiko by sewing and decorating a mask! I drew & stitched the design, then sewed up the mask. 
I had soaked & washed the indigo fabric already BUT  not enough it seems! when I got back home after I wore the mask to the shops, I noticed a blue smudge on both my cheeks - where the front indigo fabric is folded to the inside to make the chanel for the lycra ear loops! ( the lining layer is cotton sheeting) 
Damn! will have to tweak it a bit before I can wear it again!

3 comments:

  1. That's a shame, because it is a smart-looking mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up unpicking the side channels and turning the end the other way, so that the indigo is on the inside, and the black lining is on the outside! Colour did not come off when I tried it out on the weekend!

      Delete
  2. What a great mask - pity about the dye. Maybe after another rinse it will be OK. I think we will be wearing them for some time yet!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!