Wednesday 12 January 2022

any one for chess?


During a recent op shopping trip with a friend & her 18 year old daughter,  we were looking at clothes, talking about different styles, and discussing vintage styles in particular. Miss E mentioned that she liked the show “ The Queen’s Gambit” and liked the clothes the main character wears. She also said that she has been invited to a party with the theme of something starting with “E”, so I showed her the “Gambit collection” of patterns at Sew Different UK. ( The main character in the series is Elizabeth “ Beth” Harmon)
When I got home I was still thinking about the top I had seen in the patterns, so found a pattern for a boxy top I had made before, dug around in the stash, drew a plan an whipped up a wearable muslin. Of course as soon as I finished, I worked out a better - and easier way to make it!  But Miss E was happy with it, I must catch up with her & check if it fits ok!
Apologies for the bad photo, the fabric is still creased from being folded up for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!