Sunday 26 June 2022

Vintage treasure

 I found a little sewing machine oil can a while ago, when searching through some of the shoe repair tools & old machines my Dad used to use. I would not have even known what it was, but luckily someone in the  Vintage Sewing machine fb group had posted a picture of a vintage oil can, so I recognised it! 

I worked on it on and off for weeks, mainly just rubbing lots of SMO ( sewing machine oil) into it. I also worked in some toothpaste with a toothbrush. I left the SMO soaking into the outside of the van for a week or so at a time. Super happy with how it looks now, and special to know that both my Dad and my Grandpa would have used this little can. 



This is what I started with - 

1 comment:

  1. WOW what a great find and you have bought it back to life beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!