Monday 14 November 2022

Life in reverse

 Making a vest/ corset style vest has been on my to-do list for a while. I made a green fine corduroy practice one ( not sure I have posted it yet!) then sewed a blue cord vest but forgot I had tweaked the size a bit ( and I had done such a good job of lining it & turning it out the right way!)  Lucky I had not made button holes when I tried it on & realised it was too big…

A couple of my favourite cos-tubers have sewn corset-style vests recently, including some that were reversible! I like the 2-for-one idea, & finally got this one sewn up over the last 2 weekends. I wore the purple side out today, & will try it with the floral side out later in the week ( although with this cold spell I might wait a few days!). Pretty happy with how it turned out!  

Will have to start on the next one now,will do buttons & button holes next time, which is what I did with the first green  one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!