Saturday 26 November 2022

Drawing update for November

 Pink bottle brush from our garden a few weeks ago, the plant looked amazing, the most it has flowered for a while. The bees, wattle birds and New Hollands have been loving it!




Another house pic - trying some watercolours this time. Not great, will try again sketching the outlines in black first, then filling in with a paint wash.I’m sticking with the same house picture, having fun drawing the same picture & trying different colours, papers & mediums, makes it easy to compare each one.  


And a quick sketch from Ballan 2 weekends back. We went to the Spring/ Autumn festival, had some lovely scones from the CWA tea room & a friendly chat with some of the lovely locals who were surprised that we had travelled to the festival - even though it is only a 45 minute drive! 
 My H goes fishing at the res there regularly so had seen the posters for the event. I ducked into the op shop, and also finally got to visit Chrissie’s Timeless Treasures craft shop, where I bought a new fabric marking pencil that works really well! I seem to have misplaced my chalk marker pen in sorting out/ moving my sewing stuff from out in “ the shack” in the back yard, inside to the study. I’m sure it will turn up somewhere!

Anyway, the deal was that since I went to the op shop, my H got to go fishing after the festival. I sat in the car & did a quick pen & marker sketch of one of the gorgeous old buildings in Ballan. 



1 comment:

  1. So many flowers on your bottlebrush!
    I knew the Ballan festival was on, but I couldn't get there unfortunately. Glad they still have a CWA tearoom! The Ballarat show used to, and it was a highlight, but now it is all commercially supplied food which is nowhere near as good.
    Your sketches look good.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!