Friday 11 November 2022

Sketching class

 I signed up for a Domestika  sketching class that I started a while back but have not gotten back to! I also signed up for the free “ sketching retreat” from  Teachable and then forgot about it until a few email reminders arrived! The course started on Wednesday, with about 10 X 30 minute videos posted each day for 3 days. They are available to watch & rewatch for free until Sunday night. I have watched a few, some fully & some skipping through.

I liked the “ Drawing a house with fine liners & coloured markers” tutorial. It comes with a printable house picture, so I downloaded & printed the house. I powered up my Kmart light box & traced the picture - but not with all the precise detail shown in the class. 


Next I drew the house freehand & tried a looser colour & sketching style, more in the style of   Albert Kiefer from the Domestika  class. I think this one is my favourite!


Number 3 was a super quick sketch, experimenting with some different colours. I love the difference that it makes adding in the fineliner detail on top of the marker colours, and of course the white posca pen adds a final “pop” of detail and depth. Details partly added in the first pic here, finished in the next one.





1 comment:

  1. Well done. Yes the extra detail the fine liner adds is worth it. I often restamp an image after colouring - I'm not clever enough to draw my own!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!