Monday 9 August 2010

Up-coming craft markets

The Sister's Market is on again at the Brunswick Town Hall next Saturday, 14th August.
Saturday 21 August is the Federal Election, but more importantly - since Coburg West is a polling venue, I will be baking my heart out on Thursday and Friday after work to help stock the cake stall and sausage sizzle the school is running at the polling booth.
I just bought 3 kilos of bananas for a bargain, and since I tried a new banana bread recipe  last week which was a hit (when I remember which blog I copied it from I will put the link in!) my plan is to make several loaves (easy to slice and sell with a cuppa), as well as some muffins, and yummy fudgy choc chip bickies.  I think dinner next Friday night will be from M&M's fish & chips, because the oven will be flat out baking stuff!
The North Melbourne Market is on again the next day - Sunday 22- 10am-2pm.
"Melbourne Day" is on the next weekend - Monday 30th August marks the 175th anniversary of the first Euopean settlers landing on the banks of the Yarra river (yep, I copied that straight out of the book). There is a whole bunch of free and 2 for 1 offers on for weekend. I picked up a copy of the booklet at one of those free postcard stands at the Vic Market the other weekend. Or  you can check out www.thatsmelbourne.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!