Saturday 20 July 2013

Purple carrots

Spotted these purple carrots at the local IGA the other day. They are soooo very purple...


This is what my hands ( and the chopping board) look like after chopping them up-



And the water after steaming them...


But they taste good! In fact the 12 y/o reckons they taste better than the regular orange carrots, although the 9 y/o disagrees and only eats the orange ones. They even stained the other carrots as they are cooking, and even when stored in the fridge, the cooked purple carrots stained the cooked potatoes! I think they would be great for dyeing fabric or wool!- if you like purple!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!