Sunday 5 March 2017

Saturday sewing

Saurday afternoon I actually got some sewing done! The Jedikid was at work, my H went fishing, and Tigetboy was doing battle with the Gotham underworld on the xbox.
The first sewing task was to make a denim pencil case, under instructions from the Jedikid, made to order & sewn up while he was doing his maths homework at the other end of the dining table. Even with putting in 2 zips I definitely had the easier task!

Pencil case done and given the tick of approval, I then sewed up 2 quick kimono sleeve tees and 1 boxy top ( all pre cut in the hols), finally hemmed the sleeves on a peppermint tee sewn up months ago, and did some minor alterations to some RTW jeans ( stitched down the pocket edges which were poorly made & only folded down, and added some elastic in the waistband to reduce the  gape at the back). 
A satisfying effort ( although there are still plenty more things on my sewing " to do list"!

5 comments:

  1. I'd definitely rather sew than do maths homework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely- specially year 11 maths, not my forte at all!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. A Saturday well spent with great results. Bet it feels good to tick some projects off the list.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!