Sunday 18 April 2021

Sashiko success!

I finished a range of sashiko " samplers" a few weeks ago, with the plan of putting them together to make a cushion cover. I had planned to sew it up in the school hols... so 9pm tonight I sat down to piece it together! Nothing like leaving your school holiday homework til the last minute - exactly what we always tell the kids not to do! 
But I knew it wouldn't take long, and anyway I was getting really tired of looking at the black & white zig zag print on the cushion insert. I ended up having to put the cream stripe cover back on ( hand stitching the broken zipper shut first) to stop the  black & white showing through. 
A quick envelope back from a couple of large  scraps worked for the back panels, and tah dah! Sashiko sampler cushion cover. ( Large " floor" cushion, must be over 20 years old).

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Great job. The little scallops are my fav! cough cough I haven't even threaded a needle to start my sashiko! It's all still in my head.

    The fisherman is a stamp too! a very very old stamp set. Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!