Saturday 23 May 2015

Coburg Yarn & Craft show- and other upcoming craft events.

At work yesterday I was looking up some information on the Moreland Council website, when I saw a listing of upcoming events, and discovered that there was going to be a " Yarn & Craft show" at the CoburgTown Hall today.
I went along with a friend and had spent about an hour admiring all the lovely wool for sale. I could have spent even more time sifting through the amazing collection of vintage buttons for sale at one stall (damn, forget to get a business card!). Reminded me of looking through my Nana's special button tin when I was little!
I did buy some wool, looking through a "bargain bin" these 3 caught my eye, they were made for each other- ( to be made into a scarf or cowl).



The Pascoe Vale Spinners and Weavers annual show is coming up soon, next weekend in fact! Have a look at my post from June 1 last year for photos of some of the woolly loveliness!


Plus there is a weaving open day and exhibition next Saturday in Carlton. Maybe if I went along I could pick up some tips/ get inspired to try out the weaving loom kit I found at the op shop last year! ( ' cos I soooo need another craft project!)





I picked up a flyer at the yarn show today for a new "Natural Fibres Market" happening at the Queen Vic Market in July.


( Info via the that's Melbourne website - bit more detailed than the flyer)

Of course the amazing Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show is on again in July too-


If you are heading to the city tomorrow, the Markit it on -


And last but not least, I have just learnt about a new craft market in Essendon



Phew! Looks like a busy crafty time of the year!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. The Coburg Yarn Festival thingy looked like it was going to be good - I wish I could have made it! I'm hoping to get to it next year, with any luck. It looks like you bought some nice goodies there.

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of crafty stuff! I'm so glad you post these things, as I wouldn't know about most of them otherwise.

    It was great to meet you in person yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vireya, lovely to meet you too! Feel I have been a bit slack posting about craft events recently, - hoping this post made up for it!

      Delete

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!