Wednesday 7 January 2015

School holiday sewing day pt 1

Christmas and New Year were spent catching up with family and friends, including one lovely family who now live overseas, and another who lives interstate, so it was wonderful to spend time with them, catching up on life and seeing how all the children have grown (in our case, over 6' !)
So this week is our first week of school holidays with sleep ins and no set plans ( although my H started a new job on Monday, so he still has to get up early!). With the forecast of 35, today is slated as " keeping the house cool and staying indoors" - in other words, lego & TV for the boys, and SEWING for me!
A quick trip to Brunswick Fabrics yesterday for elastic and some white cotton lining resulted in some other purchases too ( because really, who can just buy elastic? That would be the equivalent of going in to a lolly shop and purchasing a single musk stick!).


Top right from cottons box- grey jersey for t shirt; red jersey for a short sleeved t shirt ( I bough & made one in green a while back, same fabric from the same shop). Next row- swirl print from Rathdown Remnants maybe, left over from a skirt made last year, to make a summer top, not sure yet. Pink floral cotton from the stash (Spotlight possibly, and the reason for the cotton lining fabric) for a Collette Sorbetto top ( I know, another one! Aiming to try a variation with kimono style sleeves); centre- new green/ black/ grey jersey for a t shirt- probably Skirt as Top scoop T; grey wool op shop off cut for a new handbag.
And the bottom piece - John Kaldor remnant, so old I think it was purchased from the fabric department in Myer Bendigo decades ago (I doubt Myer even sell fabric anymore! I certainly didn't see any in the Bendigo store on Boxing Day, although my sister & I did spend some time there, but we were mainly having fun trying out crazy nail polish colours!



Might have a closer look at some "new" patterns, found at the oppy when I found The Chair! Must go back and have another look, there was a massive pile of patterns & I only had a quick flip through. I like the New Look summer top, especially the pic on the bottom - the yellow sleeveless top. Might be the first to try. It is really about time to use something other than my standard 3 patterns ( all found free online) - Collette Sorbetto, Skirt as Top scoop tee and Peppermint Magazine Jersey tee pattern.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Questions? comments? Write a note here - so I know if anyone actually reads my ramblings!